6.23.2009

I'm fifteen all over again

File under "too good to be true": the original line-up of Sunny Day Real Estate is reforming. For a tour.

I got to see the boys a couple of times back in "the day", but sadly only after the split/reformation without Nate. I also got to meet Dan & Jeremy on one of 'The Rising Tide' dates and have a picture of my 20-year old self with them smiling like an idiot next to my computer. It still makes me happy thinking about it. Then, in the Fire Theft days, I got to meet Will & Nate as well. So I've seen em all, just not all at once. [I always wished I asked them to sign my copy of LP2 that Jeremy and Will signed when I met them, but it didn't feel right. I did get to go grocery shopping with them, however, so I suppose that makes up for it.]

Until September, that is. I haven't figured out how yet, but I will be there. Oh yes, I will.

The dates from the new website:

September 17th - Vancouver, BC/Commodore Ballroom
September 18th - Portland/Crystal Ballroom (Musicfest NW)
September 20th - Salt Lake City/Murray Theater
September 21st - Denver/Ogden Theater
September 23rd - Minneapolis/First Avenue
September 24th - Chicago/Metro
September 25th - Detroit/St Andrews Hall
September 27th - New York/Terminal 5
September 28th - Boston/House of Blues
September 30th - Washington DC/930 Club
October 1st - Philadelphia/Trocadero
October 3rd - Atlanta/CW Center Stage
October 5th - Dallas/Granada Theater
October 6th - Houston/Warehouse Live
October 7th - Austin/La Zona Rosa
October 9th - Tempe/Marquee Theatre
October 10th - Anaheim/House of Blues
October 11th - Los Angeles/Henry Fonda Theater
October 13th - San Francisco/Fillmore
October 15th - Spokane/Knitting Factory
October 16th - Seattle/Paramount Theatre

Oh, and they're reissuing 'Diary' and 'LP2' as well - with bonus discs and liner notes and all that jazz. See you at the stores September 15th for those.

No comments: