3.17.2010

newtones

The Bluetones' official site is reporting that their sixth album is ready to roll this summer. Entitled 'A New Athens', the artwork is to the left and the track list is as follows:

01 The Notes Between The Notes Between The Notes
02 Firefly
03 A New Athens
04 Culling Song
05 Into The Red
06 Golden Soul
07 The Day That Never Was
08 Carry Me Home
09 Half The Size Of Nothing
10 Haunted By You
11 Pranchestonelle


I imagine 10 is not a Gene cover, but you never know...

No single or confirmed release date yet but this is certainly something to look forward to. I was wondering just the other day when we'd get a new album from them...

And I'll just take this opportunity to say that I still don't understand all the hatred - well, perhaps that's a bit strong of a word...intense dislike, perhaps - that gets directed at the band and their last few albums. 'Science & Nature' was clearly their high point, but 'Luxembourg' is a snappy and enjoyable little record and the self-titled definitely has its moments. No, neither are 'Expecting To Fly II' but both are better for it. [Personally I prefer LPs 4 & 5 to 1 & 2 but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one.]

In any case, add another one to the list of albums to look forward to in 2010.

No comments: