8.07.2008

happy birthday Siamese Dream

I'm about 10 days late on this, but can you friggin believe that "Siamese Dream" came out 15 years ago on July 27th? FIFTEEN years old. Christ, we're getting up there, aren't we?

For whatever reason - maybe subconsciously I knew it was its birthday - I've been listening to it a lot lately. Like, a lot a lot. And somehow, it has only gotten better with age...which is pretty amazing considering how fucking fantastic it sounded back then.

Forget what came after it, be selective about what you remember from before it, but always keep in mind that it is one of the greatest albums of all time. Full stop.

'Cherub Rock' : [album openers rarely get better than this]



'Rocket' : [videos rarely get better than this]



'Disarm' : [via "Vieuphoria" - I've always LOVED this version]



I could go on and on. *sigh*

No comments: