4.01.2008

fucking Amazon

Alright, here's my Amazon gripe. [Though to be fair, it's not entirely their fault, more me being impatient.] But here we go.

So a few weeks back, I pre-ordered The Whip's "X-Marks Destination" on LP from them, figuring I'd order the CD from Action. Well, after all of this nonsense that's been going on, I decided screw that I'll just get both from Amazon.co.uk, and while I'm there finally get the Hercules & Love Affair album too. So I place a separate order for the CD versions of The Whip and Hercules & Love Affair and then combine the two orders, figuring I'd save myself a little on shipping.

So Monday the 24th comes and goes and they still haven't shipped yet. Oh great, I think. I check the order and apparently there was a hold up with the vinyl version of "X-Marks Destination" so they were holding the order until that came in. Tuesday comes and goes and still no shipping. On Wednesday, I decide I don't want to wait any more and figure they'll probably just get the vinyl in with the next week's releases, so I split the order back up into two separate orders. Ten minutes after I do that, they start processing the CDs. Great. The next morning, I get an email that the vinyl is in stock and that's shipping too. So I now spent 3 pounds extra to get the CDs a day earlier. Well, let that be my lesson.

With my luck lately, I'm thinking, they'll arrive at the same time and it'll be a wash. Oh no, even better. Yesterday afternoon, the vinyl shows up with no CDs in sight. In today's mail, the CDs.

I really don't understand how the postal service works, I guess, because that makes no sense.

But now here I am - approximately six dollars poorer and a day behind on my Hercules & Love Affair listening. Which honestly is fine, because this Whip record is sooooooooooo fucking good.

No comments: