1.14.2009

shopping list

Alright, with 2008 out of the way let's take a look at what's coming down the pipe for 2009:

January -

Nothing outside of a Girls Aloud single. Boo.

February -

Shinichi Osawa - The One [02/03 US release, although it's been out overseas for ages apparently]
Ugly Duckling - Audacity [02/03]
Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You [02/10]
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part Two: Return of the Ankh [02/17 - supposedly. I'll believe it when I hear it...and I really wanna hear it.]

March -

Bishop Allen - Grrr... [03/10 - hooray, new Bishop Allen! :)]
Superdrag - Industry Giants [03/17 - first album with original line up since 1998's "Head Trip In Every Key". I'm curious.]
Pet Shop Boys - Love etc. single [03/16] and Yes LP [03/23 - both UK releases, hopefully the US won't be too far behind. I CANNOT WAIT - PSB + XENOMANIA!]
KMFDM - Blitz [03/24 - not that their past few records have been that great, but I'm always up for a curiosity listen]
PJ Harvey + John Parish - A Man A Woman Walked By [03/31 - I'd rather a PJH solo album, but I guess I'll take what I can get]

April -

Lady Sovereign - Jigsaw [04/07 - I actually didn't think we'd ever get a second Lady Sov album so this is quite exciting]

Also coming up but with no set date yet - "Cinnabar City" from Charlotte Hatherley [sorry PSB but this is officially my most anticipated album of the first half of 2009], Kasabian LP3 [info in the NME today but nothing's hit the internet yet], another Depeche Mode album with a million singles on a zillion formats [though their new logo is hott so we'll see...], a second Rob Dickinson solo album [yay!], Annie is supposedly working on re-jigging and self-releasing "Don't Stop" with a new Richard-X produced single beforehand [yum], that SFA instrumental album, the Jane's Addiction and Smashing Pumpkins "Gish" boxsets, possibly a Robbie Williams album [though possibly it is a follow up to "Swing When You're Winning" so we'll reserve excitement until we know for sure], "X Marks Destination" gets a US physical release [which doesn't help me much but is always exciting to see], and possibly the second album from Freemonster favs Dragonette. In the works for the autumn is the second Saturdays album and possibly Sugababes LP7 - though they'd better take their time and give us a stormer this time or I'm officially Mad At Them. Alphabeat apparently want to have a second album out this year, which could be quite good, and there's yet another Tori Amos album in the works [which could be alright since the last one was decent if way too long]. Then, of course, there's always the ever-imminent St. Famous album and new Mark Greaney project [whatever form that happens to take when it finally comes out] but put those along the Erykah Badu album in the "I'll believe it when I see it" column.

There should also be a third single from "Off With Their Heads" [there's supposedly a 'You Want History' remix in the works so possibly that?], a fourth Saturdays single off the debut [rumored to be 'Work' and/or 'Lies'] and another crap Girls Aloud duet for Comic Relief [this time with Take That - really?] that might take the place of a third single off "Out of Control" [which is fine as there's no real good ones left outside of 'Live In The Country' which would never get picked in a million years]. On the topic of singles from 2008 albums, how were there only 2 singles off of the Hercules & Love Affair album? I was fully prepared to be bitching about the fifth single on ridiculous formats about this time, yet I stare at my beautiful 'You Belong' 12" with it's BRIGHT BLUE SLEEVE and wonder "what happened?". Hrm.

And I'm supposed to be saving money this year how????

[I feel like I'm missing a big one. What is it?]

UPDATE: RIGHT, the new project from Jeppe/Senior. That should see the light of day soon. Whee!

No comments: